POPPY Playgroup at KCAC
POPPY PLAYGROUP RETURNING TO FACE TO FACE SESSIONS- MONDAY 1ST NOVEMBER 10.30-12.OOPM!
POPPY Playgroup is a supported play group for mothers who are affected by mental health concerns and their children aged between 0-5 years.
Playgroup sessions run every Monday morning during school term from 10.30am – 12.00noon at Kingsgrove Community Aid Centre, 30 Morgan Street Kingsgrove.
The playgroup is a collaborative partnership between Kingsgrove Community Aid Centre, Stride, and St George Mental Health Service.
The aims of POPPY Playgroup are to:
- Provide a safe place for mothers to explore parenting concerns and teach parental, social and coping skills.
- Facilitate a feeling of comfort in being a parent.
- Facilitate, via modelling, ‘Mum and Me’ interaction between mothers and their children and other parenting skills.
- Facilitate access to further supports (both mainstream and specialist) as needed in a non-judgemental environment.
POPPY is suitable for mothers who:
- Have mental health concerns (either undiagnosed or diagnosed) and want to connect with other mothers who also have these concerns.
- Have at least one child aged between 0 and 5 years
- Reside in the St George or surrounding areas and be able to attend Kingsgrove Community Aid Centre independently.
- Who are consenting to the referral to the playgroup and sharing of information if needed.
When a mother attends POPPY they can expect to network with an early childhood educator, mental health clinician, playgroup coordinator, and other mothers who may have similar concerns and challenges.
For referrals please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9150 7823.